This week’s theme was a bit more open-ended (anything related to the past or future) so I decided to share my list of the 10 societies I never want to live in. Although these worlds may be interesting to read about, I think I’ll stick to the present.
1. Panem (The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins)
The chance of being sent into the Hunger Games? Enough said.
2. New Beijing/world of TLC (The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer)
I’m in love with this world, but evil queens attempting to take over the world just aren’t my cup of tea when it comes to living.
3. The Selection world (The Selection by Kiera Cass)
I’d rather not live in a caste system with the country’s queen (or king) chosen Bachelorette-style…
4. The Republic of America (Legend by Marie Lu)
Another great series but coastal flooding and a divide through the middle of the country doesn’t sound like a fun time.
5. Uglies world (Uglies by Scott Westerfeld)
I like free thinking a little too much to live with Pretties, thank you very much.
6. Matched world (Matched by Ally Condie)
Any world that matches you with your future significant other is an automatic no for me. Again, thinking for myself is a definite must.
7. London, 1984 (1984 by George Orwell)
Big Brother. Enough said.
8. Chicago, Illinois (Divergent by Veronica Roth)
I don’t think I could choose between five factions that are so extreme.
9. The Giver world (The Giver by Lois Lowry)
Again, people making my life decisions for me. Can’t do it.
10. Space (Across the Universe by Beth Revis)
Being stuck on a space ship for years upon years just sounds horrid.