What are you interested in?
I’m a New Blogger!
Read guides on starting a book blog, learn more about creating your own website and its different parts, and check out advice from experienced bloggers.
- General Guides
- Breaking It Down
- Tips from Bloggers
What kinds of posts should I write? How do I write them? What kinds of pages should I have on my blog? Read more on the kind of content to post on a book blog.
- Behind the Scenes
- Get Creative
Writing Book Reviews
- How To
- Get Creative!
- Negative Reviews
- What’s a Blogging Schedule?
- Creating a Blogging Schedule
- Stick to Your Blogging Schedule
- 5 Editorial Calendar Tools Worth Trying
- About Page
- Review Policy
Parts of a Blog
How do I decide on a theme/design? What goes in the sidebar? How can I make my navigation easy to use? Read more on the parts of a blog.
These are the parts of your blog: your overall theme and design, the sidebar, navigation/menus, and so on.
- Deciding on a Theme
- Editing Themes
- Mobile Optimization
- When to Set Up a Static Homepage on Your Website (and When Not To)
- A Small Navigation Menu Will Help Guide Your Readers
- Opt-In for Email Subscribers
Running a Blog
General tips and tricks for keeping your blog running. How do I maintain my blog? What are useful plug-ins and apps I can use to make blogging easier? How do I encourage people to comment?
- General Tips & Tricks
- Tech Help (Plug-Ins, Apps, etc)
Building Blog Stats
I want to know more about gaining a blog following and maintaining it, as well as all about blog analytics.
Building Blog Stats
- The Secret to Getting ARCs: Building Blog Stats
- Get Followers from the Right Places
- Basics of Book Blogging – How to Get Followers
- How Do I Grow My Blog? Get Comments?
- The Difference Between Sessions, Users, and Pageviews
- Google Analytics Alerts Tell You When a Post Goes Viral
Creating a Blog Newsletter
How do I make an email newsletter for my blog? How to I gain subscribers?
- Start a Blog Newsletter
- Newsletter Content
- Build Your Email List
- Engage Readers
- Opt-In on the Blog
Blogging Do’s & Don’ts
The community talks about what you should and shouldn’t do or post as a book blogger.
- FTC *NEW* Rules and Review Books
- Social Media, Book Promotions and FTC Disclosures
- On the FTC Guidelines & The Book Smugglers
- Legally Using Images
- Book Cover Images and Copyright
- The Principle of Fair Use and Image Usage for Bloggers
- Ethical and Legal Image Use
Other Blogging Discussions
- 5 Lessons I Learned About Blogging
- Blogging Expectations and Why I Hate Them
- Small Community, Big Voice (The Role of Book Bloggers)
- If You’re a Stressed Book Blogger, Why are You Doing It?
- What to Do with Blogging Advice
- Freedom of Speech Doesn’t Mean You Can Say Anything, Anywhere
- This Whole “Post Constantly to be a Successful Blogger” Thing is Bullshit
- Can You Manage More Than One Blog?
- We Blog for OURSELVES
- It’s Okay to Want to Grow Your Blog
- How to Beat Book Blogger Burnout
- Monetizing Blogging