ARC August is over!
I can’t believe it’s already the end of August. Like what happened to this month? Did I sleepwalk through it or something?
Considering my list of finished ARCs, I must have.
In reality, I had planned on reading around 30 ARCs this month but ended up reading 13 and filling the rest of the 17 with already released books I wanted to read. Productive? Yes. Good for this challenge in particular? Not so much. But I’m considering it a success!
So what DID I read this month? Well, let’s see…
- And the Trees Crept In by Dawn Kurtagich
- Copper Veins by Jennifer Allis Provost
- Extracted by Sherry Ficklin and Tyler Jolley
- Gambit by C.L. Denault
- Ghost Talkers by Mary Robinette Kowal
- Ghostly Echoes by William Ritter
- Highland Deception by Lori Ann Bailey
- Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Córdova
- Poisoned Blade by Kate Elliott
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli [Sept. 3]
- The Clandestine Betrothal by Alice Chetwynd Ley
- The Masked City by Genevieve Cogman
- Vial Things by Leah Clifford
The only one that I don’t have a review up for yet is Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda and that review will appear on September 3rd but here’s a snippet from my review to get you excited (because I LOVED it).
I don’t read contemporaries.
Well, let me re-phrase that. I don’t read them often because, of the ones I’ve read, they can be divided into loved it or never reading again. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda was a pick for a reading challenge and far from my usual selection but all I can say is that it was ALMOST sickeningly adorable and I loved it.
Read my full review on September 3rd!
I have to say, the majority of these books turned out to be absolutely fantastic and if you don’t believe me, you can check out my reviews (linked above).
I’m sad that the event is over but I hope to see it come around again next year! So much fun!