I really had to think about this one. Considering how much fantasy I read, this should’ve been pretty easy since a lot of those books aren’t even set on this earth (that counts, right?) but I tried to pick titles that are alternate worlds to our own set around the world.
Some of these are a stretch, with only part of the book set outside the US but I tried!
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (Czech Republic)
- The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye (Russia)
- Blood Promise by Richelle Mead (Russia)
- The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow (Canada)
- Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld (Turkey)
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab (London, specifically)
- Die For Me by Amy Plum (France)
- The Tiger’s Destiny by Colleen Houck (India)
- Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon (Ireland)
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs (island near Wales)
And as an honorable mention to a favorite, Harry Potter, set in the UK (but the US is getting our magic with Fantastic Beasts!!).